Resources for Cancer Patients
Knowledge is Power. Information is Liberating. - Kofi Annan
Book Suggestions for Cancer & Chemotherapy Patients
- About My Hair : A Journey to Recovery
- An inspirational book for chemotherapy patients by Marcia Reid Marsted, founder of Capelli d'Angeli Foundation and cancer survivor
- The Answer to Cancer
- Stop It Before It Starts * Arrest It in Its Earliest Stages * Keep It From Coming Back, by Carolyn Runowicz MD & Sherry Cherry MD
- The Johns Hopkins Patients' Guide to Uterine Cancer
- The Johns Hopkins Patients’ Guide to Uterine Cancer is a concise, easy-to-follow “how to” guide that puts you on a path to wellness by explaining uterine cancer treatments from start to finish, by Teresa P. Diaz-Montes
- The Johns Hopkins Patients' Guide to Breast Cancer
- 85% of women diagnosed with breast cancer today will be survivors of this disease. Your goal is to join that majority. The Johns Hopkins Patient Guide to Breast Cancer is a concise a “how to” guide that takes you through the journey of breast cancer treatment, by Lillie D. Shockney
Links for Cancer & Chemotherapy Patients
- Look Good Feel Better (LGFB)
- Look Good Feel Better is dedicated to improving the self-esteem and quality of life of people undergoing treatment for cancer. It is our aim to improve their self-image and appearance through complimentary group, individual, and self-help beauty sessions that create a sense of support, confidence, courage and community. Supported by The American Cancer Society (ACS) and The Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (CTFA) Foundation
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- The site carefully describes ways in which people with cancer can help both themselves and other people with cancer - another way to take yourself away from feeling sorry for yourself and into thinking about ways you can make a difference.
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
- For more than 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Together with millions of our supporters worldwide, we help people stay well, help people get well, find cures, and fight back against cancer.
- Cancer Survivors Network (CSN)
- The purpose of the Cancer Survivors Network is peer support. The site content is contributed by its members and their contributions reflect their own personal views, feelings, and experiences.
- Coping with Hair Loss Information
- Find information about hair loss in men and women, non-surgical treatments for hair loss, surgical treatments for hair loss and common drugs that cause hair loss
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
- NCCS’s mission is to advocate for quality cancer care for all people touched by cancer. Founded by and for cancer survivors, NCCS created the widely accepted definition of survivorship and defines someone as a cancer survivor from the time of diagnosis and for the balance of life.